Pages

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Baby Dress Pattern Draft

Here is the pattern draft for the baby dress which I promised to post. Sorry for the delay in posting this:

Instruction for drafting:

Both the front and back are same in this dress except that the center front is cut open. I have also listed the measurements I used.

A-B = Full length + 1 inch = 11.5 inches
A-F = 1½ inches
A-K = 1½ inches
I-G = 1 inch
A-G = B-D = (bust/4) + 1 inch = 5 inches
E-D = ¼ inch
B-E = (bust/4) + ¾ inch = 4¾ inches
I-J = (bust/4) + 1 inch = 5 inches
A-C = G-H = (bust/4) - ½ inch = 3½ inches
C-H = (bust/4) + 1 inch = 5 inches
Shape K-F and J-H.

Use the links below to find the tutorial on how to sew a baby dress:

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Please feel free to leave your comments and queries about this baby-dress pattern. Please link back to my blog, if you use this pattern.

2 comments:

  1. so generous of u to share..its wonderful..i love working by hand too,but i cant believe you did it all by hand,the bias binding and everything! :).. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment Angeliquez!

    ReplyDelete